Tuesday 15 January 2013

Confused?

OK, a week later and I have learnt plenty about cycling but I'm also left with many more questions!
I started with a visit to a major chain store (the orange one) to buy some essentials (Spare inner tube, etc....) I received no help whatsoever from their staff, it seemed that simply asking them to help me carry my pushchair up the stairs to see the cycling gear made me too high maintenance. Needless to say I walked out without spending a penny and I have vowed to never walk back into the place again. After lots of Internet research and the help of some forums I managed to make some sense of what seems like hundreds of numbers on one inner tube box, and I hope I've ordered the correct ones. I have a puncture repair kit, which thanks to my dad I already know how to use.And I had a pump, but somehow managed to lose this from my bike frame on the first time of taking it out.

In summary the main lessons and questions that this week has generated.....

1. Even at 30, I'm still scared of the dark.....I'd much rather be on a busy road than a poorly lit cycle path.
2. I hate tow paths
3. I hate muddy tow paths even more
4. Why can't some motorists allow a tiny bit more space?
5. Why do I have to be a size 12 to be able to buy some padded shorts?

and finally

6. What on earth should I put on my bike chain after hosing my bike down? Seriously the mention of WD-40 seems to generate quite a debate!    

No comments:

Post a Comment